Sunday, September 23, 2012

Golf Cake

I did this cake a few months ago, and it was for Oliver's (my boyfriend) brother's boss at work.  The cake was actually baked by Oliver's mom, and I did the decorating.



I'm not excellent at making figurines or making cakes, but I think I'm not too shabby; I could use some polishing though.  I guess practise makes perfect, eh?

At the moment, I think I am more comfortable at making edible figurines and working with fondant or gumpaste; two days ago, I got to work with Fimo polymer clay and it's not something I'm used to, but I would definitely love to practiswe with it because unlike fondant, you can actually bake the figurine you created and keep it.  




This was my first try at making this type of figurine because I usually make cartoon characters like Mario, Yoshi, etc.  When I get the chance I'll post how I make 'em :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...